Sunday, September 13, 2009

First Pet

We have been wanting to get a pet for Ethan. Saturday we ventured over to Petco to check out some options. We were thinking hampster, bunny, or fish. We ended up getting him a betta fish. We opted for the low maintenance and decided to start slow in the pet arena. When our little guy is a little older I want to surprise him with a puppy. I can just imagine his excited face when he sees a puppy with a big red bow around his neck. Can't wait. Some day, but for now we're sticking to our blue little betta. Still thinking of a name for him. He lives in Ethan's room on his bookshelf so that he can keep him company at night. Prepping the fish bowl. Ethan had to test the water out by splashing and throwing the rocks around to make sure everything was just right for his new friend.











Our betta's new home.



3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I miss you guys more with each post. He is so flippin cute!!!!!! I love the last pic with him and Kevin. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are smart to start out with a small, easy pet :) Ethan is such a cutie. And yes, we need to plan a trip to the zoo. I'll be giving you a call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would have been my dream mother,a surprize puppy, wow! It took me years of nagging to convince my poor mother to get me each and every one of my pets.... from rats, to frogs to mice and birds and dogs. Ethan is so handsome, he looks excited to have a new pet!

    ReplyDelete